Rylie

Rylie
Rylie

Heidi (in front) - The Staff to Rylie

Heidi (in front) - The Staff to Rylie
Heidi (in front) - The Staff to Rylie

Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Next Adventure: Machu Picchu

Recently I had a hike with some friends on the Ridge Trail in Shell Ridge Open Space, which is basically the foothills of Mt. Diablo. It's a great hike, and a bit of a climb. At the top you are treated to views of miles of open space, the city of Walnut Creek, and beyond. The only problem was a stinky one: Mike's dog, Penny, decided to roll around in some cow pies, and got completely covered. We spent the rest of the hike trying to avoid her. You'll see a photo of Mike below trying to do damage control with a flat rock--the only tool available.


The Ridge Trail
Judy and Cheryl Making it Up the Ridge



I'm hiking as much as I can, because I'm training for my next adventure. I have wanted to see Machu Picchu in Peru for years, and I'm planning a trip there with some friends. We might visit The Gallapagos Islands while we're there. I'm excited, and really ready for an international trip. It has been awhile. If anyone out there has been to Peru, Machu Picchu, or the Gallapagos Islands, I would love to hear about it.

Rylie's Notes:

Life is sweet. I get to see The Junior Staff at least twice a week when she comes over for dinner. The Staff has been giving me a little more variety in my meals, and the Metacam has me feeling frisky. There's even some cute Yorkies and Shitzus in the neighborhood.

No comments: