Rylie

Rylie
Rylie

Heidi (in front) - The Staff to Rylie

Heidi (in front) - The Staff to Rylie
Heidi (in front) - The Staff to Rylie

Monday, February 20, 2012

Hanging with the Linemen and Hiking

For the past several weeks, I have been attending the pilot of the training course that I helped to write. It is training for apprentice electrical line workers, so I have been hanging out with linemen lately. I have to say, it has been fun. They work hard, but they know how to have a good time, and we have had a lot of laughs. I even got to go up in the bucket. No pole-climbing for me.

I thought that the photo below was appropriate for Valentine's Day. It looks like the two linemen are forming a heart:


Not only do they climb poles, but they climb towers, too. They don't use climbing belts when they climb the towers. Sometimes they climb up the laces, which are those crossbeams.


Enough about work. I have been hiking quite a bit lately. Sometimes I hike with a few friends, and sometimes with organized hiking groups. The photos below have a little of both.

Because we have had such a dry, mild, winter, the hills are very brown. The cherry trees near my place are blooming, and all of the trees are starting to bud. Mother Nature thinks it's Spring already.
Hiking with the group in the Moraga Hills

Julie, DeAnn and Cheryl Hiking Near Crockett

Julie, DeAnn and Me Hiking near Crockett

The Reservoir in the Moraga Hills

View of Mt. Diablo from a Hike in Briones Regional Park

Cheryl, Mari and Judy in the Diablo Foothills


The Hills Near Crockett
The Hiking Group on a Break

The weather has been great for hiking, but we really need some rain. I sure have been enjoying getting outside, though. It's supposed to get into the 70's this week. Yippee!

My friend DeAnn came to visit last weekend, and we had a great time. We have known each other since I was 17 years old in Minnesota. She moved to California before I did, and she lives in the Central Coast area of California. I don't get to see her as often now that Julie and Bob don't live in Cambria any more, so it was really good to see her. We went out to a comedy club, dancing, hiking, and out for brunch at The Dead Fish. We had a lot of laughs and packed a lot into the weekend.

Rylie is up to his usual tricks, trying to make the geese and the cats run. They are not impressed.

Rylie's Notes:

The cats around here need a lesson in proper feline behavior. The other day, I tried to fake-charge a cat, and it didn't budge. Not even a hiss. Don't they know they are supposed to run from dogs? How is a dog supposed to have fun around here???








No comments: